You have taken the first step to becoming a part of the most exciting and innovative retailer in Australia. The success of our brand is in our people. The energy, passion and capability of our teams drive our brand forward, in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
Building your career at General Pants will be an immensely challenging and rewarding experience... and we hope, a lot of fun! Since it launched in 1972, General Pants Co. has become a major style authority and one of fashion's biggest success stories.
Capturing the zeitgeist every season, it exemplifies up to the minute affordable style, while its brave and irreverent approach has endeared fashion-conscious shoppers and industry insiders alike. With over 45 stores in Australia, GP's triumph has been all the more remarkable considering its humble beginning.
Thinking about working at GP? Check out the areas you're interested in below.
Did you know that there are around 15 people working at General Pants Co. whose sole job it is to scour the globe looking for the best brands in the world? That's why the jeans you're wearing are from LA, your tee is from Surry Hills and the kicks on your feet are direct from Tokyo. Our Buying Teams are crucial to the success of our business. They choose the ranges in multiple categories, analyse company sales, build solid relationships with suppliers, liaise with the stores and warehouse to ensure timely delivery and allocation of stock, identify areas for growth and are constantly on the hunt for the latest fashion and styles. Any positions in our Buying teams require advanced skills in excel and sound analytical skills coupled with a sixth sense for credible branded products.View Jobs
If you are into fashion design and have a creative flair for garment construction and management then this is the department for you. Our Production Team looks after all of our in-house production. Negotiating with factories on and offshore, quality control, liaising with agents, fabric suppliers and presenting ranges to buyers is all part of the fun. Coming up with the latest gear is their specialty. Experience in production and qualifications in design or pattern making is preferred.View Jobs
You could liken our Merch Planning teams to the person in your house who manages the purse. In simple terms, they control and decide how much the buyers spend. Our Merchandise Planners play an important part in the buying process by setting the sales budgets with the buyers and looking at how best to spend the allocated budget to maximize profit. They also analyse historical data, forecast ahead to understand sales trends by store and category and suggest promotional activity and markdowns to drive sales and stock through the business.View Jobs
Our Marketing Team is a creative hotpot that works largely in-house to conceptualise and execute seasonal campaigns, drive innovation, organise grandiose events, coordinate store activity as well as manage in-house brand identities. They are also responsible for building on and maintaining the individual brands stories. Marketing works closely with suppliers, complimentary brands, the media, talented creatives, charities, store managers and the other teams in the Group to be across anything that shakes or stirs in global youth culture. It is a key for those who are interested to have a solid knowledge of art, music, fashion and youth culture and General Pants initiatives.View Jobs
Retail Operations (Stores) Management
Led by our National Sales and Operations Managers, our Retail Ops Management Teams have the important responsibility of taking care of our store teams and coaching and supporting them to achieve their sales and profitability targets. Each area is led by a Regional Sales and Operations Manager. With anywhere from 5 to 10 stores each, our RSOMs - as they're affectionately known - spend their days travelling between their stores to make sure everyone's doing what it takes to be on top of it.View Jobs
Our Supply Chain team is 100% focused on working with the retail specialist teams to make sure we have the 'right stock, in the right stores, at the right time' so our store teams can focus on what they do best - serving our customers and selling our products! Innovation through our Distribution Centre (DC) and new inventory system are key to our success here.View Jobs
Our HR Team plays an active role in coaching and supporting our leaders and their teams to stay true to our values: One Team, Bold, Real, Passionate, Unexpected and On Top of It. This team also develops and implements new and improved ways of recruiting, developing and caring for our people and is the advocate for making sure we stay focused on treating everyone fairly and with respect. As a business, we want 'the right people, in the right jobs, at the right time' so everyone can achieve great results both personally and professionally and the HR Team helps us to make this happenView Jobs
The Finance Team works with everyone to crunch their numbers and make sure the Group's finances are managed and controlled. They go through monthly review meetings with each department, which could cover everything from advertising and people initiatives to store maintenance and development. Essentially, the team applies financial control and expertise right across the business, and deals with people from every area. The challenges come down to understanding supplier relationships, budgeting and forecasting processes, inventory management, financial and management reporting and business analytics.View Jobs
Our IT Team is the high-octane information heart of our business. They keep our systems up and running so we can place our orders, track our stock movements and deliveries and sell to our customers. They also make sure we're keeping pace with technology and innovation and provide the ever important technical help desk support to our Head Office, Stores and Distribution Centre teams by troubleshooting our queries and problems. Without the IT Team we would be lost! It's a busy work environment where an advanced knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software programs is a must.View Jobs
Our Front Office can be a great foot in the door to working at Head Office. Our Front Office Assistant is the 'eyes and ears' of our team and the 'glue' that holds our business together. With ultimate responsibility for 'first impressions', they meet and greet our team, suppliers and guests each day and delight them with their personality and wit. It's a well-rounded administration role with responsibility for managing the switchboard and responding to general enquiries, booking flights and accommodation, sending our promotional material to stores, booking couriers, and coordinating maintenance of the office.View Jobs
We love our people – here is the great benefit suite that you will get when working with us.
- GP Days - take up to an extra 5 annual leave days per year...just because.
- Study leave - an extra 4 paid leave days per year to get your learn on!
- Study assistance - financial support to help make your study ambitions come true.
- Diverse career paths - the sky is the limit... set your own course.
- Employee Assistance Program - free counselling service for team members and their families for when times are tough.
- Fruit basket - free fruit! Yay! We believe an 'apple a day' keeps the doctor away!
- On-site gym - work out at a time that suits you while watching pay tv!
- Our people days - we want to pay you to give your time to your supported charity.
- Staff discount - a generous staff discount applies to all products in store. Plus our Buyers will select the latest trends to apply a 50% and at times 70% discount just for our team members!
- Sample sale - head office team members have the opportunity to buy samples at ridiculous prices.
- Parties - we put on 2 GP parties a year and they are renowned for nights to remember or not… for some!
- Corporate rate health insurance - for your peace of mind, we have partnered with a private health insurer to give back to you cheaper health insurance rates.
- Flexible rostering - all store staff are offered reasonably flexible working hours to allow them to enjoy time away from work.
- Training and development - we want you to get the most out of your role because we want to make the most of your abilities. We offer a broad range of training workshops (both internally and externally), designed to help you develop management or technical skills. Training and development can vary from accredited courses to certification/diplomas or one day soft skills training like presentation skills.
- Management incentive scheme - all Store management team members are eligible for monthly bonuses, providing certain objectives are met within your business. The size of your bonus is based on your store’s turnover.
- Sales incentive - we believe that a job well done should be rewarded, and have an incentives program for staff for that very purpose. Staff incentives vary, and are usually offered every few months and can take the form of tickets to an event, vouchers or cash to splash.
- Engagement surveys - we listen to you, as a team member, and take action on the issues that matter to you