Your privacy at GP
We take your privacy very seriously at General Pants. We only take and hold information when we need to, be that if you're shopping with us and we want to make it the best experience possible, or if you're on our website and interacting with us. If we hold your information, we do it as securely as possible to give you peace of mind. If you have any questions, email email@example.com. All the serious information and legals are below.
All the legal stuff
1. Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information about you as an individual in the following circumstances:
- When processing returns or exchanges;
- When goods are put on lay-by;
- When you telephone us or visit our website, stores or premises and make an enquiry to which a response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
- When you ask to be included on marketing distribution lists, become a member of our website or interact with our social media services;
- If you enter a competition we hold;
- If you apply for a job with us; and/or
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide to you as our customer.
2. Use of your personal information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of running our business or providing services to you as our customer, for example:
- To accept your offer to purchase ie. to confirm the creation of an order;
- To request additional information from you regarding an offer to purchase made by you ie. to verify your identity or the credit card used to make a purchase;
- To perform authorized financial transactions with you;
- To update you about an order;
- To respond to any customer service enquiries received from you;
- To provide you with information about our products or services where you have requested or consented to receive this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To ensure content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To protect our legal interests and fulfill our regulatory obligations; and/or
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide for the purpose of running our business.
3. Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are used to collect data relating to your general internet usage and customise your experience on our website. This data includes IP addresses, browser versions, number of visits and other data relating to your navigation of the internet and our site. Cookies do not collect sensitive information like financial information or passwords. We hold personal information in our own secure databases and to some extent for marketing purposes in the databases of third parties engaged by us (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing subject to all legislative requirements. You can refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser however this can affect your overall browsing experience.
Google Analytics tools are also used to collate user interaction data on our website. Your interaction with our website will be tracked using an encrypted unique user identifier and used by Google Analytics for the purposes of providing a customized user experience. If you do not want your data used by Google Analytics, you can opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. Please note, we will not provide Google Analytics with any personally identifying information or data that identifies a particular device.
4. Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Our website uses the VeriSign security encryption method to ensure your online purchases are 100% secure. VeriSign is an SSL protocol that encrypts your information into codes so that your information is kept secure while being transmitted via the internet. Our payment gateway provider eWAY is one of the safest online payment providers and only stores an encrypted token of your credit card details. If you would like to remove this token, you will need to log-in to your account on our website and delete the credit card details associated with your account.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related companies on the condition they will use it only for the same purposes we do under this policy or for other limited purposes such as to help us in providing goods and services. Related third party companies include:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks on our behalf;
- Our online payment gateway service provider eWAY for the purpose of approving payments;
- Couriers and delivery businesses such as Australia Post with whom we arrange to deliver goods to you;
- Third party software providers who store customer account details for us;
- Companies we engage to provide us with advice ie. lawyers, accountants, auditors etc;
- Marketing businesses we engage to disseminate materials to which customers have consented; and/or
- Businesses located outside Australia who assist us in carrying out certain functions such as electronic direct marketing or for the purpose of Enterprise Resource Planning.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside of the above list in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your express permission to do so;
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to this disclosure;
- If General Pants or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information we hold about our customers is one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure under this policy);
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; and/or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of the General Pants Group, its personnel or customers (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
General Pants Group acknowledges and respects its customers' choice to ‘opt-out’ of marketing communication activities undertaken by General Pants Group. If as a customer you do not wish to receive any further promotional material from us and/or selected third parties you can ‘opt-out’ at any time. All emails, SMS and newsletters from General Pants Group allow you to opt-out of further mailings by either; clicking on an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email communication, by responding “stop” to any SMS communication or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
7. Concerns about the use of your personal information
The Online Editor
General Pants Group
Unit 25/30-32 Beaconsfield St
Alexandria NSW 2015